Davidson has a site license with PerkinElmer Informatics, the publisher of ChemDraw. Through this license, Davidson faculty, staff and students can download and install the latest version of ChemDraw for both Windows and Mac.
Register With the PerkinElmer Website
- Open a browser and navigate to:
- Create an account and click on the Register button. Make sure you use your Davidson College email address.
- Once your account has been created, you will receive an email from PerkinElmer containing a link to create a password for your account. Please be patient as there could be up to an hour delay before you receive the email.
- To log into the site, open a browser and navigate to:
- Enter your new Login ID and password and click on the Login button.
Download the ChemDraw 19 Installation File
- Once you log into your new PerkinElmer account, you should see the Product Information screen for the ChemDraw Prime product. In the Latest Version tab, click on the link.
- On the new page, find the correct version for your OS and click the link to download.
Look up the ChemDraw 19 Activation Code
- From the PerkinElmer Product Information web page, click on the Order History tab in the navigation pane to the left of the screen.
- On the Order History page, click on the most recent order number in the list.
- On the Order Detail page, note the required activation code to the far right of the screen. This is the code you will need to activate ChemDraw 19.
Install the ChemDraw 17 Software
- Double-click on the ChemDraw 19 installation file downloaded earlier and follow the prompts to install. You will need the activation code obtained earlier.