While DavidsonSecure will work for all of your on campus wireless needs, we recommend using eduroam instead. eduroam functions exactly the same as DavidsonSecure but adds more flexibility. Your devices will automatically connect as you travel to other places that have eduroam enabled. Get the steps to connect to eduroam.
Connecting to DavidsonSecure
- Start by confirming the hardware or software wireless switch is enabled on your computer, and then log into Windows.
- In the lower right corner of your Windows desktop, left-click on the network icon (or signal strength bar) in the System Tray. In some versions of Windows, the network icon looks like this while, in others, it looks like this
- On the pop-up list of available networks, select DavidsonSecure and click on the Connect button.
- In the User name field, enter your Davidson email address.
- In the Password field, enter your Davidson password.
- Click on the OK button.
- Click on the Connect button.
- Your device will now be connected to DavidsonSecure.
- In the lower right corner of your Windows screen, left-click on the network icon (also known as the signal strength bar) in the System Tray.
- On the pop-up list of available networks, select Network settings.
- Scroll down and select the Manage Wi-Fi settings option.
- Scroll down to the section entitled Manage known networks. Click on DavidsonSecure in the list of known networks.
- Click on the Forget button.
- Close the Manage Wi-Fi Settings dialog box.
- Return to the Connecting to DavidsonSecure section above and try again.