If you frequently travel to other educational campuses, you should set up your computer and device(s) to use the eduroam network. The eduroam network is a worldwide collaborative effort to make guest access easier for scholars visiting other higher educational campuses. It allows students, faculty, and staff of educational institutions to use their home campus credentials to receive wireless access at another participating campus. It's recommended you connect to eduroam when on Davidson's campus as well. The steps to connect to eduroam are below.
*Note: Follow these steps for setting up eduroam on Google Chromebook's as well
Connecting to eduroam
- From an on-campus location, access the Android/Chromebook settings. Although Android interfaces vary depending on version and device, try swiping down from the top of the home screen and tapping on the "gear" icon. For Chromebook's, click on the Wi-Fi icon in the bottom right corner and Select "eduroam" as your network.
- Fill in the following settings. Depending on the version of Android/Chromebook you have, you may not see all of the following fields:
- User name: Type in your full Davidson email address
- Network name (SSID): eduroam
- Security type: WPA2 Enterprise
- EAP type: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Authentication method: MSCHAP v2
- The server certificate: Use system certificate
- Encryption type: AES
- Domain: davidson.edu
- Tap on the CONNECT button.
Samsung Galaxy S9
- Settings icon > Connections > WiFi
- Touch eduroam
- Enter the following parameters:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
- CA certificate: Don't validate
- Identity: Type in Davidson email address
- Anonymous identity: (blank)
- Password: Type in Davidson network password
- Touch CONNECT button.
- From an on-campus location, access the Android settings. Although Android interfaces vary depending on version and device, try swiping down from the top of the home screen and tapping on the "gear" icon.
- Find the WIFI menu. Might be in the "Network and Internet" tab.
- Long press the network you wish to forget.
- Choose "Forget" or "Forget Network."
- Return to the Connecting to eduroam section above and try again.