T&I is replacing Dropbox with Google Drive, as Davidson’s primary cloud storage and file sharing solution. We have already begun to migrate our early adopters’ group. The second group and final phase is scheduled to begin in July, 2021. We will continue to provide updates as the project moves forward. Check out our Dropbox to Google Drive Migration Project article for the most up-to-date information.
When you create a folder in Dropbox, you are defined as the owner of that folder. When that folder is subsequently shared with others, you remain the owner. Occasionally, it is useful to change ownership of a folder from one person to another. (For example, when someone leaves the college.)
- The current owner of the folder needs to open https://www.dropbox.com and log into his/her account.
- The current owner needs to click on the Share button for the folder for which ownership is being transferred.
- To the right of the person who will become the new owner, click on the Can edit drop-down and select Make owner. (This step assumes the new owner already has access to the folder. If not, the original owner must share it first.)
- Click on the Make owner button.
- Open your Dropbox folder.
- Secondary click the shared folder.
- Select Share…
- Select a user in the To: field and
- Click the Can edit dropdown and select Make owner. (This step assumes the new owner already has access to the folder. If not, the original owner must share it first.)
- Click Share.