Google Drive replaced Dropbox as Davidson’s primary cloud storage and file sharing solution on December 13, 2021. All files and folders from Davidson-owned personal and departmental Dropbox folders have now been migrated to Google Drive. For more information, visit the project support page.
When you create a folder in Dropbox, you are defined as the owner of that folder. When that folder is subsequently shared with others, you remain the owner. Occasionally, it is useful to change ownership of a folder from one person to another. (For example, when someone leaves the college.)
- The current owner of the folder needs to open https://www.dropbox.com and log into his/her account.
- The current owner needs to click on the Share button for the folder for which ownership is being transferred.
- To the right of the person who will become the new owner, click on the Can edit drop-down and select Make owner. (This step assumes the new owner already has access to the folder. If not, the original owner must share it first.)
- Click on the Make owner button.
- Open your Dropbox folder.
- Secondary click the shared folder.
- Select Share…
- Select a user in the To: field and
- Click the Can edit dropdown and select Make owner. (This step assumes the new owner already has access to the folder. If not, the original owner must share it first.)
- Click Share.