Davidson's PawPrint system allows students to print from their personal computers or public labs to networked printers on campus. Here's how it works:
- Print from your personal computer or from any Davidson computer in a public location such as the Library, Student Union, Language Resource Center or any classroom.
- Swipe your CatCard at one of the PawPrint-enabled printers.
- Select which of your documents you want to print from the PawPrint touch screen.
- Retrieve your document(s) from the printer.
For Mac instructions, scroll down or users click here
For Windows instructions, scroll down or users click here
Installing the PawPrint software on your Mac computer
- Download and install the College's PawPrint software.
- Open the downloaded .dmg file if it doesn't open automatically.
- Run Popup.pkg. Don't worry about the detailed instructions on the second screen, we'll take care of that for you.
- It will spend several minutes on the "Running package scripts" step, just wait it out.
- To complete the process, restart your computer. After restarting, there will be a new printer listed on your computer. When you print to PawPrint, your print job will go into the system-wide queue for you to access the next time you swipe into a PawPrinter.
If you are using Firefox, you may need to click the security shield located in the upper left corner of the URL field, click the drop-down arrow, then click "Disable Protection on This Page." This will take you back to the Knowledge Base home window where you can type PawPrint into the search field, then click this solution title again. You should now be able to access the links above.
Installing the PawPrint software on your Windows computer
- Assuming you are already connected to the campus network, open a browser on your Windows computer. If you are not connected to the campus network and need some guidance on how to do so, visit our Knowledge Base article on how to connect to the network (eduroam).
- Download the PawPrint software for Windows. Follow the directions listed in the installer and accept all defaults.
- When the process is complete, there will be a new printer listed on your computer. When you print to PawPrint, your print job will go into the system-wide queue for you to access the next time you swipe into a PawPrinter.