Davidson's PawPrint system allows students to print from their personal computers or public labs to networked printers on campus. Here's how it works:
- Print from your personal computer or from any Davidson computer in a public location such as the Library, Student Union, Language Resource Center or any classroom.
- Swipe your CatCard at one of the PawPrint-enabled printers.
- Select which of your documents you want to print from the PawPrint touch screen.
- Retrieve your document(s) from the printer.
Installing the PawPrint software on your Mac computer
- You will first need to download and install the HP printer driver offered by Apple.
- Next, download and install the college's PawPrint software.
Older versions of the macOS are not supported by the PawPrint installer. Please make sure your version of High Sierra is fully updated.
- To complete the process, restart your computer. After restart, there will be a new printer listed on your computer. When you print to PawPrint, your print job will go into the system-wide queue for you to access the next time you swipe into a PawPrinter.
If you are using Firefox, you may need to click the security shield located in the upper left corner of the URL field, click the drop-down arrow, then click "Disable Protection on This Page." This will take you back to the Knowledge Base home window where you can type PawPrint into the search field, then click this solution title again. You should now be able to access the links above.