While DavidsonSecure will work for all of your on campus wireless needs, we recommend using eduroam instead. eduroam functions exactly the same as DavidsonSecure but adds more flexibility. Your devices will automatically connect as you travel to other places that have eduroam enabled. Get the steps to connect to eduroam.
Connecting to DavidsonSecure
- Log into your Mac. In the Status Bar in the upper right corner, you should see the AirPort icon
- Click on the AirPort icon and select DavidsonSecure from the drop-down list of available wireless networks.
- In the User name field, enter your Davidson email address.
- In the Password field, enter your Davidson password.
- Click on the OK button.
- Click on the Connect button.
- Your device will now be connected to DavidsonSecure.
- Click on the AirPort icon and select Open Network Preferences... from the drop-down menu.
- Look in the lower left corner of the Network Preferences dialog box. If you see an open lock, you can proceed to the next step. If the lock is closed, click on the icon and enter your administrator credentials.
- In the lower right corner, click on the Advanced... button.
- In the list of Preferred Networks, click on DavidsonSecure. (You may have to scroll down quite a ways to see it. If DavidsonSecure is not on the list, you can continue with the next step.) Once DavidsonSecure is selected, click on the minus button below the list to remove it from the list of preferred networks.
- If they are present, use the same steps to remove DavidsonDevice, DavidsonGuest, DavidsonSetup and eduroam.
- Click on the OK button to close the Wi-Fi preferred networks dialog box.
- Click on the Apply button and then close the Network Preferences dialog box.
- Return to the Connecting to DavidsonSecure section above and try again.