You - Initiate the connection
- Open the Zoom app on your Windows computer.
- Click on the Start without video icon.
- Move the mouse pointer over the Zoom Meeting window and click on the Mute icon in the lower left corner.
Since the client is presumably already on the phone with you, the audio function in Zoom will not be required.
- Move mouse over Zoom Meeting window and click on the Invite icon along the bottom
- In the Invite people... dialog, click on Default Email icon
- Add client's email in the To field, then Send.
Them - Install/open Zoom
- When they receive the email, client should open and click on the link.
- In almost all cases, Zoom will need to be installed. Download, then
click in the lower right corner to install.
- If the client sees an Open Zoom Meetings? dialog box, they should
click on the Open Zoom Meetings button.
- Click on the green Join Audio Conference by Computer button.
- Move mouse pointer over the Zoom Meeting window
and click on the Mute icon in the lower left corner.
- Click on the Share Screen icon, then select the Desktop
icon (upper left) and then click on the Share Screen
button (lower right).
You - Open screen sharing
- You can now view the client screen but do not yet have control. To assume control of their screen, move to the top of the page, select View Options > Request Remote Control and click on the Request button.
Them - Approval
- Click on the Approve button.
You - Assume control
- Click anywhere on the screen and you can now view and control the client screen.
- To end the meeting, move to the top of the page, select Review Options > Give Up Remote Control.
- Move over the window and click on End Meeting in the lower right corner.