IBM's SPSS statistics program can be installed by a faculty member on their office or research lab computers. The steps below are for Mac users.
Note: To install SPSS on your Mac, you must be:
- On campus connected to the Davidson network via a wired network connection; or,
- On campus connected to the eduroam wireless networks; or,
- Off campus connected to the Davidson network via VPN.
Install SPSS on Your Mac
- Click on the Spotlight icon (tiny magnifying glass) in the upper right corner of your screen.
In the Search field, type Self Service and press the enter key.
- In the Categories frame to the right of the Self Service window, click on Apps (Licensed).
- Click on the word INSTALL under the large SPSS Statistics icon to launch the installation.
- Click on the OK button to verify that you are using SPSS for teaching and academic research only. At Davidson, SPSS is not licensed for administrative or operational use.
- Follow the installation instructions on the screen, providing your Davidson email address and password when prompted.
- Once installation is complete, it is recommended that you restart your computer.