IBM's SPSS statistics program can be installed by a faculty member on their office or research lab computers. The steps below are for campus Macs. Instructions are also available for campus Windows computers and for personal computers.
ATTENTION! Davidson does not expect to renew the SPSS site license after the 2021-22 academic year, as faculty teaching with it have chosen to switch to jamovi. If you will continue to need SPSS for research after June 2022, please let T&I know.
Install SPSS on Your Mac
- Click on the Spotlight icon (tiny magnifying glass) in the upper right corner of your screen.
In the Search field, type Self Service and press the enter key.
- In the Categories frame to the right of the Self Service window, click on Apps (Licensed).
- Click on the word INSTALL under the large SPSS Statistics icon to launch the installation.
- Click on the OK button to verify that you are using SPSS for teaching and academic research only. At Davidson, SPSS is not licensed for administrative or operational use.
- Follow the installation instructions on the screen, providing your Davidson email address and password when prompted.
- Once installation is complete, it is recommended that you restart your computer.