Mathematica installation on a Mac
Acquiring an activation key
- Open the Wolfram Activation Key Request Form at https://user.wolfram.com/portal/requestAK/0794b96cc34ea0c1f72d968c0047879eb2253d6d
- In the Contact Information section, enter first name, last name, email address and Davidson department. In the Notes/Machine Name field, enter the tag number of your Davidson computer. (Example: 14188)
- In the Select a product section, choose Mathematica for Sites (Single Machine) and the most current version.
- Click on the Submit button. You should soon receive an email with your unique activation key. You will need this activation key later in this process.
- On the Your Activation Key Has Been Created screen, click on the Product Summary page link.
Downloading the Mathematica installation files
- On the Mathematica for Sites page, click on the Get Downloads button.
- Click on the appropriate Download button for the version of Mathematica you need.
Installing the Mathematica application - macOS
- Find the Mathematica_11.x.dmg file on your hard drive (usually in the Downloads folder). Double-click on the .dmg file to launch the installation. Please be patient... it can take several minutes to open this installation file.
- On the resulting Wolfram Mathematica dialog box, drag the Mathematica.app icon and drop it on the Applications folder alias. Note: If a prior version of Mathematica was previously installed, replace the prior version with the new version.
- Enter your Davidson username and password when prompted for an administrator account. Again, please be patient as the resulting step can take up to ten minutes.
- Continue to follow the prompts until the installation is complete.