Important: To use the Respondus LockDown Browser on a Davidson public lab computer or kiosk laptop, you must use the macOS operating system. If the public lab computer in front of you is running Windows, you can either reboot into macOS or you can move to a computer already running macOS.
How to Launch the Respondus LockDown Browser
- Log into the Mac OS operating system using your normal Davidson username and password.
Please be patient! Logging into an iMac for the first time can take up to 3-4 minutes. Please do not give up and restart the computer.
- Log into Moodle as usual.
- Go to your exam. Click on the "Launch LockDown Browser". You will get a message about whether you want to open the LockDown browser. Click on "Open LockDown Browser".
- Once the browser launches you will see an "Start quiz" button. Click on this button to begin your exam.
Tip: Moodle exam responses are saved as you move from one question to another. As such, it is prudent to periodically move forward or backward in the exam to save your work.
- When you have submitted your exam, please close the LockDown Browser by clicking on the tiny red dot in the upper left corner of the exam window. Then please log off the computer.