If you are a faculty member and would like your students to take a Respondus Lockdown Browser exam on their own laptops, or take a test exam, please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that your class be enrolled in the LockDown Browser Prep course in Moodle.
- Open Moodle and log in. Open the course entitled LockDown Browser Prep. If you are not enrolled in this course, please email the Support Center at email@example.com with a subject line of LockDown Browser.
- Click on the quiz entitled LockDown Browser Prep Quiz. The following message will be displayed:
The above image is a screenshot and, as such, will not download the installer. You must click on the actual link from within Moodle.
- From within your browser, click on Download LockDown Browser.
- A new tab or window will open up and you will need to click on the Install Now button.
- Once the installation file has been downloaded, click on the Finish button.
Depending on your operating system (macOS, Windows, etc.) and your default browser (Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.), the process of downloading and installing the LockDown Browser will differ. You might need to download the installation file first and then install it second, or it might be an integrated process.
If you have problems installing this application, please email the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of LockDown Browser.
The “Prep” Exam
Now that you have the Lockdown Browser installed you can test it by going back to the Lockdown Browser Prep course in Moodle. Once you open the course, click on the LockDown Browser Prep Quiz link and click on Launch Lockdown Browser.
- Click the Start quiz button.
- The “Prep” quiz has two sample essay questions. On the first essay question, type in some sample text and click on the Next button in the lower left corner.
- On the second essay question, type in some sample text and click on the Next button in the lower left corner.
- At this point, you have completed all the questions. You can return to any of your earlier questions by selecting the question in the upper right corner. To return to the first question, click on the box with the number “1” displayed. To return to the second question, click on the number “2.”
- When you are ready to submit your final responses, click Next until you reach the end of the exam.
- Click on the Submit all and finish button.
- On the subsequent Confirmation dialog box, click on the Submit all and finish button.
- If you are using a Mac laptop, close the LockDown Browser application by clicking on the red circle in the upper left corner of your screen. If you are using a Windows laptop, close the LockDown Browser application by clicking on the red X in the upper right corner.
If you have any issues installing the LockDown Browser on your personal laptop, please email the Support Center at email@example.com with a subject line of LockDown Browser.
You can also bring your laptop to the T&I Main building (next to the Campus Store on Main Street) and one of our staff will be happy to help you with the installation.