*Note: If you are a faculty member and would like your students to take a Respondus Lockdown Browser exam on their own laptops, or take a test exam, please email email@example.com requesting that your class be enrolled in the LockDown Browser Prep course in Moodle.
Add the LockDown Browser block to your Moodle course
- Launch Moodle (https://moodle.davidson.edu) and open your course.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the "gear" icon to open the course settings.
- On the resulting drop-down list, select the Turn editing on menu option.
- Make sure that your left navigation bar is open (this has your Participants and Grades tabs). If you don't see it, click on the box with three lines in the upper left corner.
- At the very bottom of the left navigation bar, click on the section entitled Add a block.
- Click on the Respondus LockDown Browser block to add it to your course. If it is not available, the block is already installed in your Moodle course and you can continue to the next section.
Specify the quizzes that require the LockDown Browser
- In the right section of your Moodle course, find the Respondus Lockdown Browser block and click on the Dashboard ... link within that block.
- The Dashboard will now display all of the quizzes in the current Moodle course. To the left of the quiz for which you'd like to use the LockDown Browser, click on the icon.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam.
- Click on the Save + Close button.