🛑 STOP! If you already have Office 2016 you DO NOT need to follow the steps below. Not sure? Here is how to check.
Checking your version of Microsoft Office for Windows
From within the Outlook application, click:
File > Office Account > About Outlook
You should see something like this:
Note the version numbers above (16.X.XXXXX.XXXXX and 15.X.XXXX.XXXX, respectively).
- If your version number is 16 or higher, you don't have to do anything - you may close this article.
- If your version number is lower than 16, please continue reading.
There are two sets of upgrade instructions. One is for employees who DO NOT use the OnBase Outlook integration/add-on. The other is for employees who DO use the Outlook integration/add-on. It's important to follow the proper guide in order to avoid any interruption of service or additional complications to the upgrade process.
If you DON'T use (or have never heard of) the Outlook OnBase plugin:
Follow these steps to upgrade your copy of Microsoft Office to Office 2016.
- Click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of the desktop.
- Type software center and Windows will automatically begin searching your hard drive.
- In the search results, click on the Software Center app.
- In the panel along the left edge of the Software Center window, make sure Applications is selected.
- Click on the Office Pro Plus - Upgrade icon.
- Follow the installation instructions.
If you DO use the Outlook OnBase plugin:
Follow the steps outlined in this knowledge base article: Integrating OnBase with Outlook 2016 for Windows - Faculty and Staff.