Moodle teachers can set up the gradebook to drop the lowest xx grades in a section with a large number of grades. The steps are presented below.
- Launch Moodle (https://moodle.davidson.edu) and open your course.
- In the course menu bar, click on Grades.
- On the Grades page, click on the Grader report dropdown menu and choose the Gradebook setup option.
- In the gradebook, make sure all of the grade items (quizzes, assignments, etc.) are grouped into a category. You must do this prior to the next step.
- In the same row as the category header, look in the Actions column. Click on the Edit drop-down list box and select Edit settings.
- In the Grade category section, click on Show more...
- In the Drop the lowest field, enter the number of items you would like to drop from the calculated grade. For example, if you would like to drop the lowest 3 grades, type in the number 3.
- Click on the Save changes button.
Note: The Natural aggregation style requires that all grade items in the category have the same total points for the drop the lowest setting to apply.