Note: Similar results can be obtained using Dropbox, but they are not outlined here, as Dropbox is a deprecated service as of summer 2021. If you need to use Dropbox to share files, please contact the User Success Team.
One of the easiest ways to collect and/or share files from within Moodle is to use Google Drive for file management tasks. Then, using the steps below, you can create a link from Moodle to the shared Drive folder.
- From the Google Drive interface, copy the URL (link) of the shared Google Drive file or folder (NB: Please use the link sharing ability: Share with Davidson College.)
- Launch Moodle (https://moodle.davidson.edu) and open your course.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the "gear" icon and select Turn editing on.
- In the location where you would like to create the link to Dropbox, click on the Add an activity or resource link.
- In the left column, scroll down and select URL under Resources.
- Click on the Add button.
- In the Name field, type a name for the link to the shared folder. This is what the students will see on your Moodle page.
- In the External URL field, paste the URL of the shared Google Drive file or folder.
- Scroll down and click on the Save and return to course button.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the "gear" icon and select Turn editing off.