The file requests feature in Dropbox is an easy and effective alternative to collect proposals, applications, assignments, and other files. Files are dropped into a designated folder that only you can see.
Set up a Dropbox File Request
- Open a browser and log into your Davidson College Dropbox account. (http://www.dropbox.com)
- In the frame along the left edge of the screen, select Files.
- On the left frame, select File requests.
- Click on the Request files button.
- Complete the form, noting the options for adding a deadline and late submission options.
- Click on the Next button.
- Send the information to your students in one of a variety of ways:
- Copy the link and send to your class distribution list in Outlook;
- Add a URL link in Moodle;
- Add individual user emails in the space provided; or,
- Add a class group email address. For example, you can use ENG101A_201802@davidson.edu to send an email to all students enrolled in the A section of English 101 for the spring semester in 2019.
- Click on the Done button.
- You will now see the folder you just created in the list of active File requests. You can create additional file requests as needed.
Two important notes...
- Only you will be able to view files submitted using the File requests feature, unless you choose to share the folder manually after it has been created.
- If submissions will include video and audio files, please note the maximum size of a single file submission is capped at 20 GB.