Depending on the Junk Email Filter protection level that is set, some legitimate email messages might be moved to the Junk E-mail folder. For this reason, we recommend that you periodically review messages moved to the Junk E-mail folder to make sure that you aren’t missing any legitimate messages.
To mark a message as not junk
- In Outlook, click the Junk E-mail folder in the Navigation Pane.
- In the message list, right-click any message that you want to mark as not junk and select the Junk > Not Junk menu options.
On the Home tab, in the Delete group, click Not Junk.
- Click on the OK button to confirm.
To add a sender to the Safe Senders list
- In Outlook, click on the Home tab. In the Home tab, in the Delete group, select Junk > Junk E-mail Options.
- Click on the Safe Senders tab.
- On the Safe Senders tab, there a couple of things you can do:
- Check the Automatically add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders List check box.
- Click the Add... button to add specific email addresses or domain names to your Safe Senders list.