Occasionally, Microsoft Windows thinks you have a second desktop/monitor when you don't. Or, you do have a second desktop/monitor but it is currently not working or can't be turned on. The technique below allows you to bring a window from the "invisible" desktop back to your main desktop.
- Open the application you are trying to access (if it is not already open).
- Right-click on the Windows taskbar and select Cascade windows from the pop-up menu.
- Hold down the Shift key, then right-click on the appropriate application icon in the Windows taskbar.
- On the resulting pop-up, select the Move option.
- Begin pressing the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the invisible window from off-screen to on-screen. Typically, you will use the left arrow to move the window from right to left.