What is sharing cart?
"The Sharing Cart is a block for duplicating course items into a personal library and an easy way to move those Moodle resources and activities between multiple courses on your site. With just three clicks, the Sharing Cart copies and moves a single course item from one course to another. It copies without user data—similar to the “Import” function in Course Administration. ... User content in Forums, Wikis, Glossaries and Databases can optionally be included. In addition, items can be collected and saved on the Sharing Cart indefinitely, serving as a library of frequently used course items available for duplication. The Sharing Cart is viewable only by teachers, course creators and administrators." (source)
How to Use Sharing Cart at Davidson College
If you would like to move course items or sections between your past and/or current courses, add a Sharing Cart block to those courses, starting with your source course.
- Toggle Edit mode on in the top right corner of your course.
- Directly below the Edit mode toggle, in the Block Drawer, click Add a block. (If you don't see the Block Drawer, click the Open block drawer tab.)
- From the Add a block list, choose Sharing Cart. The Sharing Cart block will appear in your drawer.
- Now You will see the a shopping basket icon beside all activities, resources, and sections. Clicking this icon adds the item to the Sharing Cart. When asked, confirm that you wish to add the item to Sharing Cart. Note that you may also copy entire sections directly from the Shopping Cart block by selecting them from the drop-down menu, and clicking Copy section.
- Now go to the target course (that is, the one you want to move things to), and repeat steps one through three to add the Sharing Cart block. To move an item into the new course, click the copy icon next to it in the Sharing Cart
- On your course page, an action indicator box will appear at the top of your activities and resources list, along with multiple gray target location boxes (the latter appears at any available and valid target location). Click the target location box in the spot where you'd like to copy the material.
Toggle editing off when finished.