Davidson faculty, staff, and students need not move any data from Dropbox! T&I has contracted with a Google partner to migrate Davidson College’s Dropbox data and they will move all your files, including internal Davidson sharing permissions. The details below outline what you can expect throughout each phase of the migration to Google Drive.
Phase 1: Initial Bulk Migration
Wave 1 (early adopters): Spring 2021 Wave 2: Summer 2021
During the bulk migration, no action is required of you during this phase.
- You will notice a new folder appear in your Google My Drive, “Migrated from Dropbox - Wave 1” or "Migrated from Dropbox - Wave 2". Do not open or modify this folder until you receive further instructions from the project team.
- Your files in Dropbox will be copied to Drive, we will not remove them from Dropbox.
- We will migrate folders, files, and access permissions. Only access permissions to davidson.edu users will be migrated.
- Comments and suggested edits will not be migrated. If you would like to retain this information after the final migration is complete, you can save it in a document.
- Dropbox Paper documents will not be migrated. If you would like to retain any Dropbox Paper documents, please follow these instructions.
Phase 2: Final Delta Migration and Transition to Google Drive
Wave 1: May 2021 Wave 2: July 2021
- Any file or folder modified after the bulk migration will be moved to your “Migrated from Dropbox - Wave 1” or "Migrated from Dropbox - Wave 2" folder.
- Managed team folders from Dropbox will appear as a shared drive in Google Drive.
- You should now start working directly in Google Drive.