Note: As of February 1, 2021, Davidson's Moodle instance no longer supports access from the Moodle mobile app. Users who prefer an app to the mobile web interface are requested to download and install the Open-LMS app, available from both the Apple App Store and the Google Play App Store. Also note that Moodle on mobile is not optimized for creating or editing courses and content, due to the inherent limitations of screen size, and T&I does not recommend such use.
Users who want to access Davidson's Moodle instance from a mobile device running iOS or Android have two options: Use a mobile web browser, or use a dedicated app.
To access Moodle via your mobile device's web browser:
- Launch the browser and go to moodle.davidson.edu.
- In the top right corner of the page, click Log In.
- Go through the normal Duo authentication process.
The Moodle site design is responsive to mobile and provides access to all the same functionality as using the site through a desktop or laptop web browser. Users who prefer dedicated app can use Open LMS (link above).
- Download Open LMS from your device's app store.
- Launch the Open LMS app.
- When prompted to allow notifications, tap Allow or Don't Allow according to your preference.
- On the Connect to Moodle screen, in the Your site field, enter https://moodle.davidson.edu. then, under Please select your site, tap Connect to your site.
- Go through the usual Duo authentication process.
Once the site opens, you can use Moodle as you would normally. If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.