Incoming Students: Incoming students will receive an account claim via email or text in mid-May. Transfer students receive an account claim email the day after the Registrar enters them into the Davidson system as a student. Account claim information is sent via email and text message to the personal email address and phone number you provided to the college.
Incoming Faculty: New faculty will receive an account claim via email or text message 30 days before their contract start date. This information is sent via email and text message to the personal email address and phone number you provided to the college.
Incoming Staff: New staff will receive an account claim via email or text 72 hours before the start of employment. This information is sent via email and text message to the personal email address and phone number you provided to the college.
During the claim process, you'll create your network password, enroll in Duo two-factor authentication and receive your Davidson College email address.
To Claim Your Account
You should have received an email titled “New Davidson College account for [your name].” In this email, there will be an alphanumeric claim code that you will need.
- Navigate to https://myaccount.davidson.edu/portal/claim.
- Once on the webpage, enter your last name and the provided claim code and read and agree to the Terms of Service of the account.
- Next, you will be prompted to create a password for your account. * The only requirement is that your password is at least 14 characters long. This password will access your Davidson email, campus WiFi, and other campus resources.
- Next, you should receive another email or text message with your full Davidson email containing the next steps in the account claim process.
Set Up Duo Two-Factor Authentication
The Duo enrollment is best done on a computer or secondary device other than your mobile phone. You will need to use your mobile device for Duo enrollment and configuration.
In your Web Browser
- Navigate to outlook.davidson.edu.
- Sign in with your Davidson email and newly created password.
- You should see a “Welcome to Duo” screen next.
- Click Next until you’re prompted to select an option for logging into Duo.
- Click the Duo Mobile option.
- Enter your mobile phone number and confirm it on the next screen.
- Next, you will be prompted to download the Duo Mobile app from either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
In the Duo Mobile App
- Open the Duo Mobile App and see a Welcome screen. Click Continue.
- Select the option to scan the QR code and scan it. The QR code is located in the outlook.davidson.edu window in your web browser.
- Leave Davidson College as the account name. Click done.
- If you see a Davidson College tile card on your screen, you have successfully set up Duo.