Visitors can use our DavidsonGuest wireless network while visiting campus. Note that DavidsonGuest has no security and is unencrypted, which can pose security hazards for sensitive transactions. Also, DavidsonGuest is very speed limited and is meant for basic internet access for guests only.
Connect to DavidsonGuest with your iPhone or iPad
- From an on-campus location, tap the Settings icon on the Home screen of your iPad or iPhone.
- Tap the Wi-Fi menu item.
- Tap DavidsonGuest in the list and your device will now be connected to the DavidsonGuest wireless network.
Connect to DavidsonGuest with your Android phone or tablet
- From an on-campus location, access the Android settings. Although Android interfaces vary depending on version and device, try swiping down from the top of the home screen and tapping on the "gear" icon.
- For Network name (SSID), enter DavidsonGuest
- Tap the Connect button and your device will now be connected to the DavidsonGuest wireless network.
Connect to DavidsonGuest with your Mac laptop
- Log into your Mac. In the Status Bar in the upper right corner, you should see the AirPort icon
- Click on the AirPort icon and select DavidsonGuest from the drop-down list of available wireless networks.
- In the lower right corner of the Join "DavidsonGuest" window, click on the Done button.
Connect to DavidsonGuest with your Windows laptop
- Start by confirming the hardware or software wireless switch is enabled on your computer, and then log into Windows.
- In the lower right corner of your Windows desktop, left-click on the network icon (or signal strength bar) in the System Tray. In some versions of Windows, the network icon looks like this while, in others, it looks like this
- On the pop-up list of available networks, select DavidsonGuest and click on the Connect button.