- Place the DVD in the computer optical drive.
Some classrooms have a separate DVD player; the steps below are for playing in the optical drive connected to the computer.
- Click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of the Windows desktop.
- Type file explorer and Windows will automatically begin searching your hard drive.
- In the search results, click on the File Explorer app.
- In the left pane of the File Explorer window, click on the Computer device icon.
- You should now see the DVD pictured in the middle of the File Explorer window:
- Right-click on the DVD icon.
- In the resulting pop-up menu, left-click on the Play with VLC media player option.
- If prompted with a Privacy and Network Access Policy dialog box, click on the Continue button.
- The DVD should now begin playing.