Launch the Cisco Jabber application
- Click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of the Windows desktop.
- Type jabber and Windows will automatically begin searching your hard drive.
- In the search results, click on the Cisco Jabber desktop app to launch it.
Suppress the Jabber "docked window"
- At this point, you should see the Cisco Jabber dialog box in the upper right corner of your screen. If so, you can proceed to the next step.
If, on the other hand, you see a horizontal "strip" across the top middle of your screen, you should:
a) take your mouse and hover over the "strip" (called the Jabber "docked window"), and;
b) click on the Hub window icon to the far right of the drop-down menu.
- On the Cisco Jabber dialog box, click on the "gear" icon in the upper right corner.
- On the resulting drop-down menu, select View... > Show docked window and the docked window should disappear.