The Davidson College license with Microsoft allows faculty and staff to install Office 365 ProPlus free of charge on their home computers. The ProPlus version allows you to install a full copy of Office locally on your computer (not cloud dependent). Faculty and staff are entitled to install Microsoft Office on up to five devices, on or off campus, and can also get Office for iPad and Office Mobile for iPhone, Windows Phone, and Android.
Install Office 365 on your home computer
- Open a browser and navigate to http://office365.davidson.edu
- On the Davidson single-sign on (SSO) screen, log in with your Davidson email address and password.
- If you are enrolled in the Duo two factor authentication program, complete the authentication process as usual.
- In the upper right corner of the Office 365 main page, click on the Install Office apps drop-down list box button and select Office 2016. If you can't see the button because it's obscured by a message, press the Esc key to clear the message.
- At this point, the installation file will be downloaded to your computer. Depending on your browser of choice, you might be asked where to save the file or it might automatically drop the file into your Downloads folder.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to launch the installation.
- On the Open File - Security Warning dialog box, click Run to launch the installation.
- On the User Account Control dialog box, click on the Yes button to continue.
- The installation will now commence. Please be patient as the installation can take up to ten minutes.
- When the dust settles and the installation is complete, you will see a "You're all set!..." message. Click on the Close button to finish the installation.
Set up Outlook on your computer
- Once Office 365 is installed, there is still a one-time only Outlook setup that will take less than five minutes to complete. Begin by opening Outlook on your Windows computer. The easiest way to do this is to click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner, type Outlook 2016, and press the Enter key.
- On the Welcome to Outlook dialog box, click on the Connect button.
- On the Windows Security dialog box, type in your Davidson password and click on the OK button.
- Click on the OK button.