Install the VLC media player in Windows
- Open a web browser and navigate to:
- Click on the orange Download VLC button and select a location where you want the installation file to land. Typically, the default location is set to the Downloads folder.
- Once the installation file has downloaded, double-click on the file to launch the installation.
- On the User Account Control dialog box, click on the Yes button.
- On the Installer Language dialog box, select the appropriate language and click on the OK button.
- On the Welcome to VLC media player Setup dialog box, click on the Next button.
- On the License Agreement dialog box, click on the Next button.
- On the Choose Components dialog box, click on the Next button.
- On the Choose Install Location dialog box, click on the Next button.
- On the Completing VLC media player Setup dialog box, click on the Finish button.
Change the Windows default player for .MP4 files
- Find an MP4 file on your computer and copy it to your Windows desktop.
- Right-click on the MP4 file and select the Open with > Choose another app menu options from the pop-up menu. (If you are using an older version of Windows, the menu options could differ slightly.)
- On the How do you want to open this file? dialog box, begin by selecting the Always use this app to open .mp4 files check box near the bottom of the dialog box.
- Scroll down in the Other options section and click on the VLC media player app. Click on the OK button to finalize the change.
For additional information on this topic
Try this link: