Themes in WordPress control the look and presentation of your website. Everything from fonts, colors, columns, widgets, plugins, posts, and pages are reliant on your theme settings.
In WordPress there are different ways to find, install, and activate themes:
In your WordPress dashboard you should click Appearance and then click Themes.
1 You can browse Themes on this page by clicking Live Preview inside each theme box. This will bring you to an interactive preview where you can see what the theme looks like “out of the box”. You can live preview as many themes as you’d like. Once you have chosen one, click Activate and this theme the active one on your site.
2 Click Add New at the top of the window.
In the search field enter a term that you think describes your site and it will search all themes available from the WordPress community.
You can then go through each theme clicking Live Preview and eventually Activate when you choose a theme.
3 Click Add New at the top of the window.
Click Upload Theme and search for a theme you have found and downloaded somewhere on the internet. Please note the theme file you want to upload must have the suffix .zip or .gz This theme will now appear in alphabetical order with the other themes. You can now click Live Preview and Activate when you are ready.
Organic and StudioPress Themes
As members of the Davidson community, we all have premium level access to ORGANIC and STUDIOPRESS themes. These are all automatically loaded into your themes folder when you install WordPress on your domain. If you login to either of these sites you can get more advanced support and features.
To unlock these further features please write email@example.com and ask :)
1 You may wish to add a few posts and/or pages to your site BEFORE choosing a theme. Different types of content display differently, so try adding some pictures, video embeds, and other media that you may have on your final site.
2 There are thousands of themes out there and each of them may have their own community of support. When you are looking for answers about your theme, use a search engine and combine the name of your theme with WordPress and what you hope to do with your theme. It may take some digging around, but usually answers for modifying a theme can be found in a support forum somewhere on the internet :)
For more general info about themes check here: https://codex.WordPress.org/Themes
After you have exhausted the means above, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Adding a site to the portal:
* Note: If Wordpress installed after 1/26/2018 you should see Davidson Domain Meta as a installed plugin. Go directly to “Plugins” and just click on “Activate” and then go to STEP 6.
- Download the attached zip file titled ‘Domains Meta Plugin’ onto your device.
- In your sites admin page in Wordpress, click on ‘Plugins’ towards the bottom left hand side of the page.
- Next, click ‘Add New’ and then ‘Upload Plugin’ subsequently after.
- Click ‘Choose File’ which will open up the available files on your device. Find the attached zip file previously mentioned above named ‘Portal Plugin.zip’, then click on it and click open.
- After that click on the ‘Install Now’ button and then click ‘Activate Plugin’.
- Click on ‘Tools’ in the bottom left hand side of the page and the ‘Davidson Domains Meta’ plugin will appear. Click on it to enter into the plugin.
- Inside the plugin page select the attributes that best represent you and your domains site by clicking the boxes after the given attributes you want to select. Congratulations! You’ve opted in and installed the Davidson Domains Meta Plugin.
Download plugin here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i64Awkwr-peh269xrZPGor7-8bwUiwu3