Traceroute is a utility that records the route (the specific gateway at each hop) through the Internet between your computer and a specified destination computer. It also calculates and displays the amount of time each hop took. This can aid you in ascertaining if there is network latencies, and possibly where such latencies maybe occurring.
- Type cmd in the Windows search bar and select Command Prompt.
- At the prompt, type tracert yourdomain.com or IP address and press the Enter key.
- To copy the output, click the Command Prompt logo in the top left corner of the window and select Copy.
- Open Terminal.
- At the prompt, type traceroute yourdomain.com or IP address and press the Enter key.
- Select and copy the results.