The "Clutter" filter in Microsoft Outlook is optional. The steps below specify how to change the filter settings.
Access your Office 365 email online
- Open a browser on your web-enabled device and navigate to http://office365.davidson.edu
- On the Davidson single sign-on (SSO) screen, enter your Davidson email address and password. If your email address is already stored in the list, simply select it.
- Click on the Sign in button to proceed.
- If you are enrolled in Duo two-factor authentication, you will need to authenticate using the Duo app on your smartphone or tablet or via the Duo token.
- On the Office 365 site, click on the Outlook icon to access your Davidson email.
Turn on the Clutter filter
- In the upper right corner of the page, click on the Settings icon (looks like a gear) to open the Settings pane.
- Near the bottom of the Settings pane on the right side of your screen, click on the Mail link.
- You will now see the Options frame along the left side of your screen. Select Mail > Automatic processing > Clutter to open up the Clutter settings.
- To turn Clutter filtering on, select the checkbox entitled Separate items identified as clutter. To turn Clutter filtering off, make sure the same checkbox is not selected.
- Click on the Save icon in the upper left corner to verify the changes.
- You may now close the Options and Settings panes.