Launch the Cisco Jabber application
- Click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of the Windows desktop.
- Type jabber and Windows will automatically begin searching your hard drive.
- In the search results, click on the Cisco Jabber desktop app to launch it.
Select a new ringtone
- At this point, if you see the Cisco Jabber dialog box in the upper right corner of your screen. If so, you can proceed to the next step.
If, on the other hand, you see a horizontal "strip" across the top middle of your screen, you should:
a) take your mouse and hover over the "strip" (called the Jabber "docked window"), and;
b) click on the Hub window icon to the far right of the drop-down menu.
- On the Cisco Jabber dialog box, click on the phone icon in the lower left corner.
- On the resulting drop-down menu, select Options...
- In the left panel of the Options dialog box, select:
- Use my desk phone for calls to use Cisco desk phone for incoming calls; or,
- Use my computer for calls to use your computer for incoming calls.
- To turn off the annoying Jabber "docked window" at the top of your screen, see the Knowledge Base article referenced below: