T&I is replacing Dropbox with Google Drive, as Davidson’s primary cloud storage and file sharing solution. We have already begun to migrate our early adopters’ group. The second group and final phase is scheduled to begin in July, 2021. We will continue to provide updates as the project moves forward. Check out our Dropbox to Google Drive Migration Project article for the most up-to-date information.
The steps below are simple but you need to have access to the folder you are researching. In other words, at some point the current owner must have previously shared the Dropbox folder with you.
- Open a browser and navigate to https://www.dropbox.com
- If you are already logged into your Dropbox account, please skip to step #3. If not:
- Click on the Sign in link in the upper right corner.
- Enter your Davidson email address and click on the Continue button.
- On the Davidson SSO screen, enter your Davidson email address and password and click on the Sign in button.
- If necessary, verify your identity with the Duo two-factor authentication process.
- On the Dropbox site, find the the folder on which ownership is being researched and look carefully at the folder icon.
- If the folder icon is a simple folder outline then it is a personal folder and you are the owner.
- If the folder icon has what looks like buildings in it then it is a team folder and membership is determined by the Davidson organizational structure. There is no "owner."
- If the folder icon has what looks like people in it then it is a shared folder and you can determine the owner with the following steps:
- In the Members column, click on the xx members value (where xx represents the number of members with whom that folder has been shared).
- On the resulting membership dialog box, scroll down through the members and one of the members should be designated as the owner.
- If none of the listed members are designated as the owner, then this is a "special" folder and you should email the Support Center at email@example.com for additional support.