Remove a printing preset on macOS
- Open a Microsoft Word document to use as a print test.
- Select File > Print from the Word main menu.
- In the Printer drop-down list box at the top of the dialog box, select the printer that currently requires accounting codes.
- Click on the Presets drop-down list box and select Show Presets... from the drop-down menu.
- On the Presets dialog box:
- In the left frame, select the preset you'd like to delete.
- With the preset you'd like to delete selected, click on the Delete button below the list of presets.
- Click on the OK button.
- At this point the preset has been deleted.
Remove accounting codes in Windows
- Click on the Start button in the lower left corner of your Windows desktop and type in control to initiate a search.
- In the search results, select Control Panel.
- On the Control Panel dialog box, select either Devices and printers or View devices and printers, whatever you see.
- On the resulting Devices and printers dialog box, right-click on the printer that current uses accounting codes and select Printer properties from the resulting pop-up menu.
- On the Printer Properties dialog box, click on the Configuration tab.
- On the Configuration tab, look for the Accounting section or, alternatively, click on the Accounting button.
- In the Accounting section, click on the System drop-down list box and select None. This will turn off accounting codes on this printer.
- Click on the OK button to close the Printer Properties dialog box.
- Close all open dialog boxes.