SAS is a statistics program deployed to Davidson faculty and students on request. The current version is SAS 9.4
Warning: The installation is very time-consuming.
- Log into your Windows computer with an administrator account.
- A prerequisite of SAS is the installation of the Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework. The steps to install this software are outlined below:
Install the .NET 3.5 framework for Windows 10
- Once the .NET 3.5 Framework has been installed, launch Windows File Explorer with the following steps:
- Click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of the Windows desktop.
- Type file and Windows will automatically begin searching your hard drive.
- In the search results, click on the File Explorer desktop app to launch it.
- Once File Explorer is open, navigate to \\davidson.edu\apps\SAS
- Copy the entire SAS 9.4 SW Depot 2018-19 folder to your desktop. Please be patient as this can take a LONG time.
SAS 9.4 installation
- In File Explorer, open the SAS 9.4 SW Depot 2018-19 folder and double-click on the file named setup.exe
- On the User Account Control dialog box, click on the Yes button.
- On the Choose Language dialog box, select English as the default language for the Deployment Wizard and click on the OK button.
- The Deployment Wizard will launch. On the SAS Deployment Wizard dialog box, select the Install SAS Software radio button and click on the Next > button.
- On the Select SAS Product Order screen, click on the Next > button.
- On the Specify SAS Home dialog box, click on the Next > button to select the default option.
- On the Select Deployment Type dialog box, select the Install Additional Software radio button and click on the Next > button.
- On the Select Products to Install dialog box, you will be asked to select the products you wish to install. Unless you know you specifically which products you need, we recommend that you check the boxes for the following products:
SAS Bridge for ESRI
SAS Deployment Tester – Client
SAS Drivers for JDBC
SAS Drivers for ODBC
SAS Foundation Services
SAS Help Viewer for the Web
SAS Integration Technologies Client
SAS Providers for OLE DB
SAS/GRAPH ActiveX Control
SAS/SECURE Client Components
- Once you select all the products listed above, click on the Next > button.
- Click on the Next > button.
- On the Select SAS Foundation Products dialog box, make sure all of the boxes are checked and click on the Next > button.
- On the SAS Installation Data File dialog box, the address bar should be populated with the correct path. Click on the Next > button.
- On the Select Language Support dialog box, uncheck all language options except the following two:
English (will be pre-populated with a check and grayed out)
Unicode Support (will be pre-populated with a check and grayed out)
- When only English and Unicode Support are selected, click on the Next > button.
- On the Select Regional Settings dialog box, make sure that English is selected and then click on the Next > button.
- The SAS Deployment Wizard will now check your computer to make sure there aren’t any missing components. Click on the Next > button to continue.
- On the Configure SAS Studio Basic dialog box, uncheck the Configure SAS Studio Basic check box and click on the Next > button.
- On the Checking System dialog box, click on the Next > button.
- On the Deployment Summary dialog box, click on the Start button.
- Installation should begin. Please note that installation may take quite a while.
- On the Deployment Complete dialog box, click on the Next > button.
- On the Select Support Option dialog box, select either option based on your personal preference. Click on the Next > button to proceed.
- On the Additional Resources dialog box, click on the Finish button.
- To verify that SAS 9.4 has successfully installed:
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- Type sas to initiate a search for the program
- In the Search results, click on the SAS 9.4 (English) Desktop app to launch SAS.
- This step is for STUDENTS ONLY:
Please send an email to your instructor to inform them you installed SAS on your personal computer. Please copy Technology & Innovation (email@example.com) on this email.