You cannot change your domain name while you are at Davidson, so you should take your domain name seriously. Your top domain should be something unique to you. If you do not have a common name we suggest you use your full name as your top domain. For example: your name is Shirley Davidson so you choose - shirleydavidson.com If you have a common name you should think about ways that may make you stand out. For example, if your name is Jane Doe, you could use janepenelopedoe.com or name it after how you may want to be remembered/searched on the internet. For example, janedoethepainter.com or janedoeisthebestof.us
To get started on Davidson Domains you will first need to choose your domain name and register your domain.
- To do this, go to domains.davidson.edu and click on the Get Started link.
- To login, use your @davidson.edu credentials.
- After you’ve decided on your domain name, you will have to choose a Top-Level Domain (TLD) from the drop-down menu. For the moment you can choose .com .net .org and .us to add to the end of your domain name.
- After choosing your domain name check its availability. If it’s available click on register.
- You will be asked to agree to terms and then to create your domain.
- Once you’ve done this you will receive an email in your @davidson.edu account. Please find this email and confirm immediately. If the email does not appear in your inbox check you junk mail folder.
After confirming your domain should be ready to go!
Check out our Domains section for following steps.
If you have any other questions please write email@example.com and use subject Davidson Domains.