JMP is a data analysis tool licensed by Davidson College. License renewal is required each June.
Allowed uses and users:
- Davidson faculty on their office and research computers, and
- Faculty and students on their personally owned computers,
- For "original academic work".
- Cannot be used for "institutional research and other administrative uses related to the operation or improvement" of the college.
These instructions are for college-owned computers. See here for installation on personally-owned computers.
- Click on the Start button in the lower left corner of the Windows desktop.
- Type software center and Windows will automatically begin searching your hard drive.
- In the search results, click on the Software Center app.
- In the left panel, click on Applications.
- Click on the large JMP Pro 14 icon to launch the installation.
- Assuming you are a Davidson faculty or staff member installing JMP on a Davidson-owned computer and you plan to use JMP for academic purposes only, click on the Install button.
- When the installation is complete, click on the OK button and close the Software Center application.
- Click on the Spotlight icon (tiny magnifying glass) in the upper right corner of your screen.
In the Search field, type Self Service and press the enter or return key.
- In the Categories frame to the right of the Self Service window, click on Apps (Licensed).
- Find the large JMP 14 2018-2019 icon and click on the Install button to launch the installation.
- Assuming you are a Davidson faculty or staff member installing JMP on a Davidson-owned computer and you plan to use JMP for academic purposes only, click on the Install button a second time.
- When the installation is complete, you can click the Close button and then exit the Self Service app.