Zoom combines video conferencing, online meetings and mobile collaboration with a cloud-based software solution.
Schedule and set up the Zoom meeting
An existing Knowledge Base article describes the process of scheduling and joining a Zoom meeting as either the host or as a guest. It also covers some troubleshooting steps and is found here:
Use Zoom teleconferencing software to host a meeting - Faculty/Staff
Show a PowerPoint presentation during your Zoom meeting
- Once your meeting has started, minimize Zoom and open your PowerPoint presentation.
- In PowerPoint, select the Slide Show menu option.
- On the Slide Show ribbon, click on the Set Up Slide Show toolbar icon.
- In the upper left corner of the Set Up Show dialog box, click on the Presented by a speaker (full screen) radio button and then click on the OK button.
- Return to your Zoom meeting screen by clicking on the Zoom icon in either the dock (macOS) or the taskbar (Windows).
- Move your mouse pointer over the video image and then click on the Share icon along the bottom of the Zoom window.
- On the Select a window or an application that you want to share dialog box, click on the large icon representing your PowerPoint presentation.
- Once you select your PowerPoint presentation, click on the Share button in the lower right corner.
- Back in PowerPoint, begin your slide show by clicking on the appropriate toolbar icon in the upper left corner. In most cases, you will select either the From Beginning icon (Windows) or Play from Start (macOS).
- When the full screen PowerPoint presentation begins, your video will be reduced to a small window in (typically) the upper right corner. You can "drag and drop" the video window to move it to whatever corner you'd prefer.
- To end sharing the PowerPoint presentation, click on the red Stop Share button at the top middle of the screen.