Microsoft Office 365 Groups is a service that works with the Office 365 tools you use already so you can collaborate with your teammates when writing documents, creating spreadsheets, working on project plans, scheduling meetings, or sending email.
An Office 365 group can be set as private (invitation only) or public (available to all). This article will provide the steps necessary to join an existing public Office 365 group.
Open Microsoft Outlook 365
- Open a web browser and navigate to office365.davidson.edu
- Log into Office 365 with your Davidson credentials.
- On the Microsoft Office 365 home screen, click on the Outlook icon
Search for and then join the public group in which you are interested
- In the Navigation pane along the left side of your browser window, right-click on the Groups section header and select Discover from the pop-up menu.
Depending on the number of your email folders, you may have scroll down in the Navigation pane to see the Groups section.
- You will now see the Groups you might want to join screen. In the upper right corner, type in the name of the group for which you are searching in the Search active groups field. Press the Enter key or click on the magnifying glass icon to launch the search.
- Assuming your search is successful, click on the name of the group you'd like to join in the Search active groups results.
- In the upper right corner -- just to the right of the words Public group -- click on the Join link.