T&I is replacing Dropbox with Google Drive, as Davidson’s primary cloud storage and file sharing solution. We have already begun to migrate our early adopters’group. The second group and final phase is scheduled to begin in July, 2021. We will continue to provide updates as the project moves forward. Check out our Dropbox to Google Drive Migration Project article for the most up-to-date information.
Deleted files in your Davidson Dropbox Business account can be recovered for up to 120 days. If you have a personal Dropbox account, deleted files are available for 30 days.
Restore a deleted folder or file on dropbox.com
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your Davidson credentials.
- In the upper left corner of the browser window, click on the Files menu option.
- Navigate to the location on your Dropbox account with the deleted folders or files. In other words, navigate to the location where you would expect to see the missing data.
- In the upper right corner -- under the large blue Share button -- click on the Show deleted files link
- After a brief delay, you should see your missing folders and files with a "trash can" icon preceding the name. In the list, hover over the folder or file you would like to restore and click on the Dropbox options button to the far right.
- On the resulting pop-up menu menu, select Restore.
- On the resulting dialog box, click on the Restore button and your folder or file will be restored.
On rare occasions, you might receive an error message implying there was a problem with the restore process. If you get this message, please be patient as it sometimes takes up to a minute for the restoration to complete.