The Bio-Rad ChemiDoc Imaging Instrument is found in Wall 326. This new device does not require a computer because it supports either USB image transfer or saving images to a shared folder on the Davidson network. The steps below detail the process required to save images to a shared network folder.
Create a shared folder on your computer
The first step in the process is to create a shared folder on your computer. The steps for Windows and Apple computers are presented below.
Save one or more images from the ChemiDoc instrument to a shared network folder
- Turn on the ChemiDoc instrument.
- When the instrument is fully awake, touch the screen.
- Choose one of the available log in accounts and authenticate as prompted.
- Touch the Gallery icon in the upper left corner.
- Select the image or images you'd like to save to the shared network folder. Note that you can select an entire day's worth of images via a check box by the date.
- Once the images are selected, touch the Send/Save icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Select the Save to Network menu option in the Send/Save pop-up menu.
- Touch anywhere in the Path field.
- Enter the path to the shared folder in the following format:
w14084.davidson.edu/geldoc (Mac example)
\\w18004\SharedFolder (Windows example)
- Touch the Save to Folder button.
- Enter your username and password to confirm you have access to the shared folder.
You must precede your username with davidson\ or the network save will not work.
- Click on the OK button.