Skip to main content
How-To: Add a Link to a Non-Moodle URL to Your Course - Faculty
External URLs allow you to connect to non-Moodle resource on the Internet.
- Copy the URL of the site you want to link to.
- Launch Moodle (https://moodle.davidson.edu) and open your course.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the gear icon and select Turn editing on.
- In the location where you would like to add the link, click on the Add an activity or resource link.
- In the left column, scroll down and select URL under Resources.
- Click on the Add button.
- In the Name field, type a name for the link. This is what the students will see on your Moodle page.
- In the External URL field, paste the URL copied in step 1.
- Scroll down and click on the Save and return to course button.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the gear icon and select Turn editing off.