To grade a Moodle quiz anonymously, you must create a role with no access to student identifiers during grading then assign yourself to that role.
- Open your course site, then open the quiz activity.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Permissions.
- Scroll to the section named Quiz report: Manual grading. It contains 2 items, See student identity fields while grading, and See student names while grading. For each, click the trash can next to Teacher (Non-Editing) to remove that role from the list (confirming each removal as requested). When you're finished, things should look like the image below.
- Return to the More menu, this time selecting Locally assigned roles.
- From the Please choose a role to assign list, click on Teacher (Non-Editing). In the Assign role window, choose your own name from a list of Potential users, then click Add.
- Grade your quiz as usual — you won't be able to see student names or ID numbers.
- When you are finished grading, or are otherwise ready to see student names, return to the Locally assigned roles window, and repeat steps 4 and 5, this time selecting your own name from Existing users, and clicking Remove.