When graduating, retiring, or otherwise parting ways with Davidson College, you may wish to retain ownership of and hosting for your personal domain. One option for this is to contract with Reclaim Hosting (who provides service for the Davidson Domains project).
If You Have a Top-Level Domain (TLD -- Set up before August 2020)
- Log in to https://domains.davidson.edu
- Hover your cursor over "Manage Your Account" from the top menu in the black navigation bar and click "Migration Information".
- In the blue "Migration Offer" box at the bottom, click "Get Started".
- In the shopping cart that appears, choose the $30 option, and click Checkout. Follow the steps provided to complete the transaction.
- Once the migration is complete, you will receive information from Reclaim Hosting about how to access your site in its new location. Once you log in to that new site, you will see the familiar cPanel interface.
If You Have a dcreate Subdomain
To migrate a dcreate subdomain to a full domain hosting package, you need to choose a name, register it, and notify Reclaim to help you get your data moved. Remember that this name is the address that people use when accessing your website (i.e. your parents, prospective employers, etc.). If you need to check availability, use whois.com.
- Choose one of the shared hosting accounts that Reclaim offers. This link will take you directly to the Student/Individual Hosting plan option.
- Select the Register a New Domain option.
- Enter your new domain name.
- Complete the sign-up process and pay invoice. If you choose the Student/Individual Plan, your invoice total should be $30.00.
- Send a support request to email@example.com with the following message:
Hello Reclaim Hosting Support,
I am graduating from (or otherwise leaving) Davidson College, and I would like to migrate my account, (your dcreate.domains address), to Reclaim Hosting. Please let me know if you need anything else from me.
- A member of Reclaim Hosting support will respond & help you get your account migrated within 24 hrs.
Other options for handing your Domains account when leaving the College are outlined here.