T&I is replacing Dropbox with Google Drive, as Davidson’s primary cloud storage and file sharing solution. We have already begun to migrate our early adopters’ group. The second group and final phase is scheduled to begin in July, 2021. We will continue to provide updates as the project moves forward. Check out our Dropbox to Google Drive Migration Project article for the most up-to-date information.
This article will step you through the process of transitioning college data and any personal data you would like to retain to a personal account, prior to your retirement. We will work with you to ensure a smooth transition and remain committed to supporting you on this journey.
Retired faculty will continue to have access to their Davidson College email.
Before You Retire
- Transition College Data
- Discuss with your department chair any college data that may need to move into the department team or shared folder (Dropbox or Google Drive).
- Transfer ownership of college data that your department may need to retain to a designated faculty member. (i.e. Qualtrics surveys, Google Drive, OneDrive data)
- Transfer Personal Data
- Outlook Auto Reply
- Create an auto-reply detailing your retirement status, last day of employment, personal email address, and any other pertinent information you would like to share.
- College-owned assets
- Return all Davidson College-owned assets assigned to you, including but not limited to computers (desktop and/or laptop), tablets, and other technology-related devices to Technology & Innovation.
- A limited number of carrels are available for faculty use, assigned based on need and availability. A request can be made to Denise Sherrill email@example.com.
If you have questions about this process or need assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-894-2900.