Webinar via Zoom allows you to broadcast a meeting of up to 1000 view-only attendees. As the host or a panelist, you can share your screen, video and audio in a webinar and attendees can use the chat or question and answer options to interact with the host and panelists.
Important Note: Davidson College has one (1) Webinar license, that can be attached to one (1) account at a time. If you would like to use the Webinar feature for an event, please reserve in EMS, ems.davidson.edu (login required) with the following information:
- The capacity of your event(up to 1000)
- Date of the event and the date you will be sending out email registrations, as you will need the feature attached to your account prior to this.
Requests for Webinar access is not guaranteed, as another user may have already submitted a request and been approved for use. In the event that Webinar is not available for your event, please consider this alternative: Live stream to Youtube
For a Breakdown of a Zoom Meetings versus a Webinars: Meeting and Webinar Comparison
If you are approved for a Webinar event, use this article to help get started. Additional information can found at the here.
This article covers:
- Registration for Webinars
- Scheduling a Webinar
- Inviting Attendees and Panelists
- Starting a Webinar
Registration for Webinars
Webinars can require preregistration before the event. The host can either automatically approve all registrants or manually approve. The host can add custom registration questions and pull reports on the registration.
Alternatively, the host can turn off registration for the webinar. The attendees will still be required to enter their name and email address upon joining and the reports will be limited to this information.
There are two approval methods for webinars that require registration
- Manually Approve Registrants - The host of the Webinar will manually approve or decline a registrant's approval. If a registrant is approved, they will receive an email with details on how to join the webinar.
- Automatically Approve Registrants - All registrants to the webinar will automatically receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the webinar.
Scheduling a Webinar
- Learn how to schedule a Webinar that requires registration
- Learn how to schedule a Webinar without registration
Inviting Attendees and Panelists
Panelists are full participants in the meeting. They can view and send video, screen share, annotate, etc. You can have 100 panelists (including the host) in a Webinar. Please note that panelists will receive a direct email invitation separate from the attendees of the Webinar.
Attendees are view-only participants who can be unmuted if the host chooses. Their view of the webinar is controlled by the host. They can interact with the host and the panelists through the Q&A and the chat.
If the webinar does not require registration, you can copy the join link and share with your attendees.
If the webinar requires registration, the host will need to share the registration link and have the attendees complete the registration form. Once registered, they will receive an email notification with a unique join link.
There are three different ways to invite attendees to register:
- Copy the registration URL and share via email, your website, etc.
- Select Copy the invitation to view and copy the invitation created by Zoom to send out to your attendees.
- Select Email me the invitation to receive a copy of the invitation that you can then forward to potential attendees.
Starting a Webinar
There are a few ways that you can start your webinar.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal and click Webinars. Find the webinar, and click Start.
- In the Zoom client, click on the Meetings tab. Find the webinar, and click Start.
- If you have added this to your calendar, click on the link displayed on your calendar reminder. Make sure that you are logged into your account before clicking the link.
For further customization, advanced features and additional information for Webinars: