ArcGIS Pro is a GIS application by ESRI. More information and documentation is available online. ArcGIS Online is a site run by ESRI to allow sharing of ArcGIS data.
Davidson College has a site license for ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online; all employees and students may install and use it. ArcGIS Online accounts now use Single Sign On (SSO), sharing credentials with your Davidson network account and requiring Duo authentication. Your Davidson-affiliated ArcGIS Online account can also be used with ArcGIS Collector, available in your smartphone's app store.
Note that ArcGIS Pro is available for Windows only.
- Open the website https://davidson.maps.arcgis.com .
- Click the Davidson College button to login with your Davidson credentials.
- If you had an ArcGIS Online account before SSO was set up, you may still access it by clicking ArcGIS Login and providing your ArcGIS username and password. We recommend that you move any online content to your SSO account by sharing or manually resaving it.
- You now have access to Davidson's ArcGIS Online site.
- To install ArcGIS Pro on your college or personal computer:
- Click your name in the top right corner and choose My Settings.
- In the column on the left, choose Licenses.
- Download and install ArcGIS Pro.
- At launch, log in to ArcGIS Pro with your Davidson credentials in order to activate your license.