ArcGIS Pro is a GIS application by ESRI. More information and documentation is available online. ArcGIS Online is a site run by ESRI to allow sharing of ArcGIS data.
Davidson College has a site license for ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online; all employees and students may install and use it.
ArcGIS Online accounts now use Single Sign On (SSO), sharing credentials with your Davidson network account and requiring Duo authentication. Your Davidson-affiliated ArcGIS Online account can also be used with ArcGIS Collector, available in your smartphone's app store.
Note that ArcGIS Pro is available for Windows only.
If you just need ArcGIS Online access (for the website and to save data from lab installs of ArcGIS Pro):
- Open the website https://davidson.maps.arcgis.com .
- Click the Davidson College button to login with your Davidson credentials.
- You now have access to Davidson's ArcGIS Online site.
If you will be installing ArcGIS Pro on your personally-owned Windows computer, or using it on your office laptop while off campus:
- Log into the ArcGIS Online site as described above.
- Click your name in the top right corner and choose My Settings.
- In the column on the left, choose Licenses.
- Download and install ArcGIS Pro.
- You may be told that you need .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.5 or higher. If so, visit this Microsoft page, find the section for .NET Desktop Runtime, and download the appropriate installer (x64 in most cases). After running the installer, go back to the ArcGIS Pro installer and run it again.
- At launch, you will see a login box. Choose Your ArcGIS Organization's URL and enter davidson in the box.
- At the next screen, click the Davidson College button and log in with your Davidson credentials and Duo.
- If Duo stops you because the version of Edge Chromium is too old, choose to Sign In Using the Browser, and repeat the login process you just did. Once logged in, allow the browser to launch the ArcGIS Pro application if prompted.