ArcGIS Pro is a GIS application by ESRI. More information and documentation is available online. ArcGIS Online is a site run by ESRI to allow sharing of ArcGIS data.
Davidson College has a site license for ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online; all employees and students may install and use it.
ArcGIS Online accounts now use Single Sign On (SSO), sharing credentials with your Davidson network account and requiring Duo authentication. Your Davidson-affiliated ArcGIS Online account can also be used with ArcGIS Collector, available in your smartphone's app store. However, if you will need to activate ArcGIS Pro, ESRI currently does not support Duo as part of the license activation process - so if you plan to install ArcGIS Pro on a personally-owned computer, or use it on your office laptop while off campus, you need to have an ArcGIS-hosted account. Email email@example.com to request that one be created for you.
Note that ArcGIS Pro is available for Windows only.
If you just need ArcGIS Online access (for the website and to save data from lab installs of ArcGIS Pro):
- Open the website https://davidson.maps.arcgis.com .
- Click the Davidson College button to login with your Davidson credentials.
- You now have access to Davidson's ArcGIS Online site.
If you will be installing ArcGIS Pro on your personally-owned Windows computer, or using it on your office laptop while off campus:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request creation of an ArcGIS-hosted account. When the account is created, you will receive an email notification from ArcGIS/ESRI to activate the account and set a password. Please do NOT use the same password as your normal Davidson account.
- Once your ArcGIS-hosted account is created and active, log into the ArcGIS Online site at https://davidson.maps.arcgis.com
- To download and install ArcGIS Pro on your personal computer:
- Click your name in the top right corner and choose My Settings.
- In the column on the left, choose Licenses.
- Download and install ArcGIS Pro.
- At launch, log in to ArcGIS Pro with your ArcGIS-hosted credentials in order to activate your license.