As part of Davidson College's continued response to COVID-19, the college has implemented a symptom tracker for all faculty, staff and students. This article provides details on how to access and log into the Symptom Tracker site from your computer and mobile devices.
How do I access the symptom tracker?
You can launch the symptom tracker application using any web browser at SymptomTracker.davidson.edu.
I'm using my mobile device. Is there something I need to download?
No, simply enter the SymptomTracker.davidson.edu web address listed above using the preferred web browser on your mobile device or computer.
How do I sign-on to the symptom tracker?
It takes just a few clicks to complete the symptom tracker. You can preview the experience in this video tutorial, then follow the steps below.
- Launch any web browser from your device (laptop, desktop or mobile device) and enter symptomtracker.davidson.edu in the browser address bar
- Choose the single sign-on option
- Select Davidson College from the list of schools, then click next
- Enter your Davidson College credentials (email address and password)
- Select Take Daily Questionnaire to complete daily symptom questions. You'll also have visibility to your profile and results, located at the bottom of the page. If you are logging in for the first time, please select the Profile icon and indicate your persona (Student, Faculty, or Staff).
Who should I contact if I have questions about the symptom tracker application?
- Need technical support?
If you are unable to access the Symptom Tracker application on your computer or mobile device, please email T&I.
- Have additional questions or concerns?
- Students should contact the Student Center for Health and Well Being at 704-894-2300
- Employees should contact Human Resources at 704-894-2020