Davidson College has purchased a limited number of Adobe Creative Cloud licenses for students who are in courses that require them, in response to the need for some students to access the software remotely.
Step 1 - Faculty request student access
- Faculty members who have courses that require Adobe Creative Cloud usage will contact T&I, who will grant licenses to all students enrolled in those courses.
- Due to a limited number of licenses, students looking to use Adobe for personal projects should continue to access Creative Cloud products via computer labs.
Step 2 - Sign in and install the apps you want
- Once T&I has assigned you a license, you will receive an email that will guide you through downloading and installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop applications:
- Click on the blue "Get Started" button in the email you received from Adobe.
- You will be asked to sign in using your Davidson email, password, and Duo if you have not already done so earlier in the day. Once you authenticate you will be taken to a page showing all the products available to you.
- Select "install" on an app you would like to install. If needed, it will first prompt you to install the Creative Cloud application.
- Once the download is complete, install the application.
Step 3 - Installing other apps
- If you need to install more apps in the future, go to adobe.com and choose "Sign In" using the link in the upper-right corner of their website.
- Enter you Davidson email address in the authentication screen, and click "Continue".
- You will be prompted to sign in using your Davidson account and Duo if you haven't already done so earlier in the day.
- Once you have signed in to the Adobe Creative Cloud site, go to the menu bar towards the top of the website and click on "Apps".
- Choose the app you would like, and click "Install".